GP Poultry Specialist
April 27, 2018
We are seeking an outstanding individual who will be responsible and accountable for supervising all aspects of contract GP farms. This position will report to the assistant production manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BS in Poultry Science or related field
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to calculate feed, manage and weigh birds, prioritize work schedules, solve problems relating to growth, performance, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some weekends – on call 24 hours a day
- Must be self-motivated with ability to perform tasks with accuracy and efficiency
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Current drivers license
- Two years of poultry experience preferred
The following duties will vary according to the needs of the department. Normal duties will include:
- Supervising all aspects of contract GP farms
- Resolving contract grower conflicts.
- Bio-security, strain security, animal welfare and health & safety are major responsibilities
- Assisting with placements, vaccinations, and disinfection
- May perform other tasks as deemed necessary by supervisor
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.