June 28, 2019
We are seeking an individual to fill a new position as a Systems Analyst. The successful candidate will work closely with end users of Aviagen software systems, other IT staff, data analysts, and project leads, to assess and improve how these systems meet the business needs of Aviagen Group. This position will report directly to the Group IT Director.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Educated to degree level with 5 years’ experience or High School diploma with 10 years’ experience, 5 of which must be in a commercial software environment
- In-depth understanding of the software development process
- Analytical skills. Analysts must interpret complex information from various sources and be able to decide the best way to move forward on a project.
- Communication skills. Analysts work as a go-between with management and the IT department and must be able to explain complex issues in a way that both will understand.
- Creativity. Because analysts are tasked with finding solutions to complex computer problems, an ability to innovate is important.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Careful attention to detail
- The ability to reach productive compromise to resolve competing requirements
Responsibilities will include:
- Assessment of business requirements, system capabilities, and production of gap analyses
- Software system design
- User interface design
- Production of documentation, including specifications and user guides
- Implementation of new systems
- Project management / coordination
- Training of end users
- Management of change requests
- Validation of database designs
- Ensuring database integrity by diagnosing and repairing data issues
- Beta testing of new or modified software
If you are interested in applying for the job, submit a current resume to email@example.com.
Aviagen is an EEOC employer